GSDPP is Hiring!
At GSDPP, we are committed to transforming the South African education sector. As part of the new Generation of Academics Programme (nGAP) sponsored by the Department of Higher Education and Training, we are seeking black South African applicants for a full-time Lecturing position at GSDPP.
The post will involve teaching and research in the broad field of the policies and practice of development in Africa and would commence as soon as practically possible.
We strongly encourage applications from candidates who:
- have a Masters’ Degree in the social sciences (with a preferred focus on the political economy of development)
- are registered for, or have completed, a PhD in a relevant field
- have a commitment to developing their teaching and research
- have previous teaching experience
- are interested in conducting research on development policy
- have a record of demonstrated research scholarship
- have a record of relevant experience in the public sector or related activities
Closing date: 4 June.
To apply, please e-mail the following documents in a single pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title and referencing number in the subject line:
- UCT Application Form (download at http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr201.doc)
- a 1-2 page motivation
- a detailed Curriculum Vitae